Many customer from us asked good supplier for led strips to compatible for our high quality led controller & dimmer .
Because they usually bought poor quality led tapes.
Now, I’d like to share with 6 key points for choosing high quality led tapes by your eyes.
1.Check the solder joint. The regular led strips manufacture is using SMT automatic machine, use solder paste and reflow process. Therefore, the solder joints of the led strips are smooth and solder amount is not much, the solder joints arc from the FPC pad to the led electrode. Some other manufacture’s strips solder volume uneven, a dot wrap welding feet, also have different degrees of tin tip appears, which is typical phenomena of manual welding.
2. Check the FPC quality. PFC deposited rolled copper and clad copper, the rolled copper connected as a whole, can be arbitrary curved fold without welding disc shedding phenomenon. The clad copper foil is protruding, if you take a closer look, can look out from the connection pads and FPC。 If bending too many, will appear solder pad off, too high temperature will cause welding pad off.
3. Check the surface of the led strips clean level. if it produced by good SMT machine, the surface cleanliness is very good, do not see any impurities and stain. Some others strips surface is stains, and the surface of the FPC will have residual flux and tin slag.
4. Check the packaging. normal led strips will be used in anti-static bad with plastic plate. The plastic roll is A level. Some others are only use the silver or white normal bag, without the anti-static function, the plastic roll is recovery C level.
5. The label. Normal led strips label information is full, with detail technical data, produce date, certification and so on. Some others without those information or the data completely wrong.
6. The adhesive. Normal led strips use genuine 3M adhesive which is import from USA, usually in yellow sticker. Some others use the copycat version adhesive, function not as well as USA 3M, usually in white.